Friday, August 7, 2009

Chelmsford Chapel


Playing at All Saint's Chapel was one of the highlights of my whole tour. Luckily, I had emerged from a horrible migraine only an hour before the show. *Quick note - good foods for migraines include Oatmeal, Peppermint, and Spinach!* My parents were visiting as well, and of course they made the emergency grocery run (times never change/thanks mom and dad!). But in spite of the fact I wasn't feeling 100%, something happens when you are on stage. And looking out at good friends from my home town was the key to feeling better. Amy and I chose four songs for her features - "Smile for Free," "More Beautiful Than the Sun," "Welcome Stranger," and a duet with me of, "Let the Waves Come in Threes." She sounded gorgeous (AS ALWAYS!!!). The reception was lovely and there were many blasts from the past, including my 8th grade English teacher (remember reading Anne Frank? I wrote a song about her back then.), a good friend/composer from Eastman, and the warm and helpful church community. I'm grateful to always feel at home in Chelmsford, MA.

No comments:

Post a Comment