Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Jalopy with Aiofe and Lissa

I had such a great time on a Triple Bill with my friends at Jalopy. If you haven't yet been there, you must go - it's a new venue, specializing in folk and bluegrass, right in Brooklyn. Almost has the feel of a vaudeville theater, and banjos deck the walls. The piano is an upright from the time of the civil war! But it's been kept in good condition, and aside from one missing key, I loved playing it! I even debuted a new song, "So We Chased the Setting Sun," which you'll hear on an upcoming live studio recording. We will soon have edited video taken by my friend Vinnie Mineo (Vinnie, the video guy!). I'll keep you posted when that goes up on YouTube. Special thanks go out to Lissa Schneckenberger and Aiofe O'Donovan (of Crooked Still) for inviting me to join them on this wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment