Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Burlington with Martha Colby

A few days later, I made my way north to Burlington, VT. It was so refreshing to see my lovely friend, Martha Colby, who joined me on cello at Radio Bean. Martha and I have been collaborating since about 2004, when we met at the Songwriter's Beat at Cornelia Street Cafe. She's an incredible songwriter and her cello chops are out-of-this world! In fact, I've never heard anyone else come up with such creative parts, and she can play any style of music. You should check out her stuff too. Will add photo...it must be on my other computer (thinking out-loud).
We had at very fun show in Burlington, and I was excited to reconnect with some of my friends who have moved up there from Bennington. I also got to know some of my parent's friends. I must say, the best part of touring is seeing old friends and making new ones. Truly, it makes it all possible and worthwhile. So, thanks for being out there...you keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment